Colgate launches its “Science to Cities” tour in November, presenting “New Perspectives on Evidence-Based Dentistry” in five cities in three weeks.
The Science to Cities tour stops in:
- Boston, Nov.19, Boston Marriott Copley Place
- Atlanta, Nov. 21, Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- San Francisco, Dec. 3, Hilton San Francisco Union Square
- Houston, Dec. 5, JW Marriott
- Chicago, Dec. 10, Palmer House Hilton
Two dentists and two dental hygienists are the presenters in the course, pairing up in the various locations — Drs. John Comisi and Angelo Mariotti, and Ann Eshenaur Spolarich, RDH, PhD, and JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD.
“New Perspectives on Evidence-Based Dentistry” will discuss the gum disease epidemic among the U.S. population while helping dental professionals make informed evidence-based recommendations for patient home care of both natural teeth and implants. In addition, the technology behind dentifrice containing triclosan/copolymer will be reviewed in detail along with the mode of action, clinical benefits, and safety.
The course is accredited for three continuing education credits.
Participants will learn:
- New advances in periodontology and evidence-based management of disease including treatment protocols
- How evidence-based dentistry can be used in clinical practice to make decisions for patient care
- The fundamentals of systematic reviews – how to interpret results and the role these reviews play in evidence-based dentistry
- New insights on implant maintenance and the role of triclosan with respect to inflammation
- A review of the safety and efficacy of triclosan for use in Colgate Total toothpaste
“Almost half of American adults have periodontal disease and far too many are living with chronic gingivitis and inflammation,” remarked Dr. Barbara Shearer, director of scientific affairs for Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. “As part of our efforts to decrease these concerning statistics, Colgate is committed to providing timely, relevant information to the industry in order to increase successful patient outcomes. We are happy to provide this educational tour which spans the nation so that dental professionals have access to these informative lectures and can apply this newfound knowledge to their daily practices immediately.”
While registration for the event is $49, all interested attendees are encouraged to take advantage of an early registration offer of $29.
To register for Colgate’s Science to Cities tour, please call (844) 382-5224 or visit www.ScienceToCities.com. These events are open exclusively to all practicing dentists and hygienists.
Visit the Colgate’s website at www.colgatepalmolive.com to learn more about Colgate Total.