American Academy of Periodontology to host 99th annual meeting in Philadelphia
Registration is now open for the American Academy of Periodontology’s 99th Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, Sept. 28 to Oct. 1, 2013. The 2013 meeting will showcase the newest trends and innovations in periodontal research, practice, and technology.
According to AAP President Nancy L. Newhouse, DDS, MS, “The 2013 AAP Annual Meeting will showcase the newest trends and innovations in periodontal research, practice, and technology. All dental professionals interested in periodontics, from student to seasoned practitioner, should join us in Philadelphia to learn about the latest and greatest innovations in periodontology, as well as the importance of periodontal health on the well-being of our patients.”
RELATED | New research supports assessing risk, preventive treatment for periodontal disease
The 2013 AAP Annual Meeting will feature more than 50 educational and scientific sessions, including hands-on workshops, clinical technique showcases, and traditional continuing education courses. Choose from a diverse selection of expert-led sessions in eight different tracks:
- Imaging and Emerging Technologies
- Interdisciplinary Therapy
- Periodontal-Systemic Relationships
- Periodontal Plastic/Oral Reconstructive Surgery
- Practice Development and Management
- Regeneration/Tissue Engineering
- Treatment of Inflammatory Periodontal Diseases
This year’s meeting also features:
- Bestselling author and Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Stuart Diamond at the Opening General Session.
- The always popular Dental Hygiene Symposium hosted in collaboration with the New Jersey Society of Periodontists and Pennsylvania Association of Periodontists.
- Famous Beatles cover band The Return performing at the Welcome Reception, to be held at Philadelphia’s celebrated National Constitution Center.
- An interactive and diverse exhibition floor will showcase a variety of products and services to enhance dental practice.
Attendees can personalize their meeting experience by downloading the AAP Annual Meeting mobile app. The app provides up-to-the-minute information, a customizable schedule, real-time alerts, built-in Twitter feed, exhibitors’ locations, local suggestions for dining, entertainment, and attractions, and many other handy features.
To register or for more information visit:www.perio.org/meetings, call (312) 573-3213 or email email@example.com. Look for us on Facebook: Facebook.com/AmerAcadPerio and follow on Twitter @AmerAcadPerio, #AAPAM.
About the American Academy of Periodontology
The American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) is the professional organization for periodontists, specialists in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth, and in the placement of dental implants. Periodontists are also dentistry’s experts in the treatment of oral inflammation. They receive three additional years of specialized training following dental school, and periodontics is one of the nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association. The AAP has 8,400 members worldwide.