“Every year I keep coming back because it’s eye-opening every time,” said Dr. Luigi Massa, a general dentist from San Antonio. “Dental school gave us the basics, but AO has definitely opened the door to what is possible.”
During the meeting, AO honored the life and legacy of Professor Per-Ingvar Brånemark during a special video.
Visit www.osseo.org to:
- Check out four editions of the AO Daily—the Academy’s official meeting report—to learn more about each day’s activities, including pictures and videos.
- View 350+ E-posters featuring original research and clinical cases.
- Order conference proceedings on DVD-ROM.
- Claim continuing education credits for the meeting.
- Learn more about the benefits of AO membership, including a subscription to the International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants(JOMI).
ADDITIONAL READING | SRR 'Spotlight on JOMI': A diverse perspective on dental implant therapy
Save the date for the 2016 Annual Meeting, from February 18-20 in San Diego, titled “Globalization of Implant Dentistry: A World Collaboration.”
Click here to access this press release in its entirety.
AO elects new president
Russell D. Nishimura, DDS, a prosthodontist and professor emeritus, UCLA School of Dentistry, was appointed 2015-2016 president of AO at the organization’s Annual Business Meeting.
“The Academy of Osseointegration has always been committed to addressing and supporting the dynamic, rapidly advancing field of implant dentistry and the needs of its members,” said Dr. Nishimura. “I am ready to partner with my fellow board members to embrace fresh ideas while also carrying on our long-standing commitment to advancing oral health globally.”
About the Academy of Osseointegration
With 6,000 members in 70 countries around the world, the AO is recognized as the premier international association for professionals interested in implant dentistry. AO serves as a nexus where specialists and generalists can come together to evaluate emerging research, technology, and techniques; share best information; and coordinate optimal patient care using timely, evidence-based science and methods. Follow AO on Facebook and Twitter.