“Approximately 85% of the nerves in the hands go directly to the brain, thus making a “hands-on” approach is the most effective reinforcement of a visual exposure you can experience,” Dr. Stephen Parel, a presenter for one of the sessions, explains.
MORE FROM THE AO |Team approach to implant dentistry: Lars Hansson talks about the TEAM and Lab Tech Program at #AOSanDiego
The Hands-On Workshop Sessions are February 17th, 2016, the day before the Annual Meeting officially begins. They will be at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina Hotel. Each of the programs runs from 1 to 4 p.m. Certificates of attendance will be sent to participants following the meeting.
The sponsoring companies selected the five topics and presenters, which include:
1. Innovations in Implant Design and Advanced Grafting Techniques, presented by Barry Levin, DMD (DENTSPLY Implants)
2. Clinical Concepts for the Prevention and Management of Peri-implant Mucositis and Peri-implantitis, presented by Dr. Frank Schwarz, DMD (Geistlich Biomaterials)
3. Immediate Molar Implants: “Innovative Solution” or a Compromised Case, presented by Dr. Michael Will, DDS (Keystone Dental)
4. The All-On-4 Treatment Concept: Surgical and Restorative Techniques Utilizing Digital Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, presented by Drs. Stephen Parel, DDS, and Kenneth Parrish, DMD, PhD (Nobel Biocare)
5. Zirconia as a Dental Implant Material―New Opportunities for Practice Differentiation, presented by Dr. Stefan Roehling, DDS (Straumann)
For more information on each of the sessions, please visit the AO website.
Dr. Parel believes the CE courses offered before this year’s meeting will not only benefit clinicians, but also patients.
“The take-home value for the dentist is enhanced dramatically if a simulated clinical procedure is offered to supplement the lecture material. This is especially true in terms of confidence and clarity for procedures that the clinician may not have attempted before in an actual clinical setting,” he said.
MORE FROM THE AO |Connect at #AOSanDiego for implant dentistry
Pre-registration for the hands-on sessions is required. Attendance is limited, and there will be no on-site registration available. The sessions are $200 for AO members and $250 for nonmembers.