This comprehensive resource provides dental professionals with critical information and statistics about the implant dentistry field
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry announced the release of the first benchmarking study for the implant dentistry practice in the United States. This comprehensive resource provides dental professionals with critical information and statistics about the implant dentistry field. The AAID Benchmarking Study helps dentists better understand trends related to:
• Staffing models, compensation and benefits
• Overall practice performance in terms of revenue and expenses
• Procedures and fees
• Effective marketing techniques used to drive business
• The various technologies leveraged in implant practice
The AAID retained McKinley Advisors, a highly regarded research and consulting firm, to develop the questions, collect and compile the data, and provide insights based on years of experience in analyzing research data. Nearly 600 dentists completed the online survey during the late summer and early fall of 2015. Respondents included a significant percentage of non-members of the AAID as well as members.
Some of the key findings were published in the Spring 2016 issue of the AAID News. Just a few of the key findings include:
• 57% of implant dentists reported that implant dentistry represents less than 25% of the gross receipts of the practice. Another 25% said it represented between 26% and 50%.
• 75% practice both surgical and restorative phases of implant dentistry
• 42% reported total receipts in the practice of less than $1 million
• Non-owner dentist and non-dentist employees represent 38% of all expenses in the practice
The AAID Field Study is an essential tool for all implant dentistry professionals. For practicing implant dental professionals, benchmark your practice performance against peer practices of similar size and focus, and against the broader field as a whole.
Participants in the study received a free copy of the full report. The full 68-page report can be purchased from AAID for only $245 to $295 for members of the AAID members and $345 for non-members.
Source: The American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 25 May 2016
The American Academy of Implant Dentistry